Purchase your home with a trusted lender.
Not all lenders are equal, especially when you are purchasing a home. At Homesite Mortgage, we will guide you through the home purchase process and will provide you with the best financing guaranteed!
Buying a home is supposed to be one of the most exciting moments in our lives! Don’t let a lender’s inability to close your purchase on time turn your excitement into anxiety.
How far are you in the home buying process?
Ready To purchase
I’m looking for Loan Approval
In the Market / Still Looking
I’m looking for a Rate Quote
We Guarantee* Your Loan Will Close In Time
Buying a home is supposed to be one of the most exciting moments in our lives! Don’t let a lender’s inability to close your purchase on time turn your excitement into anxiety. At Homesite Mortgage we guarantee* that you’ll close your home purchase on time! After all, you should be able to plan your move in date weeks ahead of time and not be worried about the consequences of not meeting the closing date on your purchase agreement. Visit our Learning Center to find out what key questions you should ask lenders.
Types of Loans We Offer
Whether this is your first home purchase or you’ve been around the block a few times, we have low-rate loan options for you, including:
- Conventional: Choose from a fixed- or adjustable-rate conventional loan to suit your needs. Our conventional loans are ideal for borrowers with good credit who plan to put at least 3% down.
- FHA: Federal Housing Authority (FHA) loans are available with low down payments of just 3.5%.
- USDA: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) loans are available to low- to moderate-income borrowers in certain suburban and rural areas.
- VA: Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) loans are available to military members, veterans and eligible spouses with no down payment or private mortgage insurance (PMI) requirements.
Depending on the type of loan you choose, we offer a range of terms, including 15-, 20-, 25- and 30-year mortgages.
Why Homebuyers Are Choosing Homesite Mortgage
- Our Closing Day Guarantee* allows you to plan weeks ahead and count on closing your purchase on time!
- Our licensed mortgage bankers are trained to offer intelligent mortgage advice!
- Our interest rates and closing costs are low so you’ll save more money!
- Our state-of-the-art technology is designed to save you time and keep your personal information safe!
- Our quick close mortgage process is quick and easy – you’ll typically close your loan in just 18-20 business days!
- Our company culture is truly consumer focused and we guarantee your mortgage experience will be better than any other!
Why Get Preapproved?
Start your home buying journey off right by getting preapproved for a mortgage. The preapproval process involves submitting your financial information to a lender for verification. Based on your information, the lender will specify the maximum loan amount you qualify for.
Getting preapproved helps ensure there are no surprises when it's time to make an offer. It also shows sellers and real estate agents that you're a serious homebuyer. When you get preapproved, you'll be ready to buy a home with confidence.
We Are Federally Approved to Offer Loans in Michigan, Missouri, Illinois and Florida
Homesite Mortgage is a trusted home mortgage lender offering low rates and flexible lending criteria. Our team of licensed and experienced bankers, loan processors, underwriters and loan closers go the extra mile to get you the best loan possible. Our process is quick and easy, and you can get approved in as little as 24 hours.
Request a personalized rate quote for a home loan from us today!
Home Loan Questions and Answers: Preparing to Apply for a Mortgage
Why do interest rates vary between lenders?
Interest rates vary from lender to lender due to several factors:
- Lender overhead costs: Lenders who contain their costs and keep their overhead low can typically offer better rates.
- Closing costs: Closing costs are tied to your interest rate. Some lenders may offer a low interest rate but high closing costs.
- Incomplete information: Lenders' rates are usually within 0.25 percentage points of each other — if one lender's rate is significantly lower than others, it may be a misquote.
What questions should I ask a lender?
Ask these questions to identify potential scams and hidden costs:
- Are your loan officers licensed and experienced?: Ask this question to ensure your mortgage banker is highly qualified.
- Do you do your own appraisals, or do you subcontract appraiser management to a third party?: Lenders who work with appraisal management companies (AMCs) typically have very little oversight over the appraisal process.
- Will you guarantee that my home purchase will close on time?: Protect yourself by asking for a written guarantee that your closing cost won't go up after you apply.
- Can you provide a written rate lock agreement?: Most lenders won't give you a written rate lock agreement unless you ask for one.
How much money do I need to put down for a home loan with Homesite Mortgage?
Your down payment depends on the type of loan you select. Generally speaking, the higher the down payment you make, the less you'll pay for your monthly mortgage.
What type of documents do I need for the approval?
You'll need to provide various financial documents, including:
- Recent pay stubs
- W-2 forms
- List of assets
- List of current debt
- Bank statements
How can I figure out how much I can afford and get approved for?
How much of a home loan you can afford depends on your income, expenses and down payment. Use our specialized mortgage calculators or schedule an appointment with a Homesite Mortgage banker to help determine your options.
How long does the home loan process take?
From start to close, the length of most mortgage applications ranges from 20 to 45 days. The exact time frame varies depending on your lender and how well you prepare your application. Homesite Mortgage has a quick closing process, we typically close within 20 days. Contact our lean expert to get pre-approved today.
Are You A First Time Home Buyer?
Our Learning Center is designed to provide you with the information that you need when shopping for a mortgage. We’ll tell you what questions to ask and what warning signs to look for in your pursuit of finding the best lender.